Monday, July 20, 2015

The tales of a youth corp member

It's barely a week and the kids are all around us. They seem extremely joyous to see people of different Background, Culture, Ideology, Belief, and Religion show so much love through imparting their world.

Each day, I have an additional reason to rise from my bed and head-out. It is like a newly found passion, a new wine poured into a new jar, a new 'Simi' added to my Jimmy, just like a new wife married into a new home.
I wake every morning regardless of the difficulty, distortion, the level of the societal decadence, chaos, and general imbalance and I look forward to behold the smile on the faces of these kids. They appear so innocent, vibrant, and if you allow them, they could transfer the same level of joy and excitement into your heart.
The smile on their faces is so electrical that it can light-up the universe, even when power-supply in this environment has not been consistent for months.

Their scream of coffa -their pronunciation for corper- reminds me of my first day out here, for I thought they had seen a cobra and were only warning me to take to my heels *chuckles*.

To make influence sparks a volt of peace internally, so much that you feel fulfilled. The best part of which is to know that you have someone to share that measure of peace with.
This and more was definitely the reason Jesus Christ asked that children be brought to Him, as their naivety and innocence brings-out the best in others.
Just as children, God requires that we live our daily lives blessing others through our character, compliments, services, and witness.
Let us all embrace a life of influence, an ordinary life to be made EXTRA through grace.

From me to you: find inner peace, influence a Nation.

No comments: