Monday, December 26, 2016

Quit entrepreneurship, it’s only mythical?

"Quit entrepreneurship, it’s only mythical?"


Ed note: "As the allure of entrepreneurship grows in the zeitgeist of global culture, so too do the myths surrounding it. Entrepreneurs are setting their course for some uncharted territories, and there are always tall tales that can go along with the unknown" ~Winnie.

So I had an hectic day -a pretty long one at that- and finding my way back home took longer than usual -all thanks to the 'ever-busy' Lagos road.
It’s the weekend already, and the thought of that spells rest and a break from the long week for most, but not me. Not even to say that it’s the weekend leading to Christmas.
It’s however unfortunate that I’d be working from home in order to exhaust most of the paperwork I’ve got swarming across my desk.

Last time, I shared on the myths surrounding entrepreneurship -what you perceive in comparison to what is true, so I felt it was pertinent to do a sequel.
For it is no news that entrepreneurs are setting their course for some uncharted territories, and there are always tall tales that can go along with the unknown.

Some days ago, I had my friend share his opinion on the topic, and this was what he had to say:

"A lot of people make it appear as though you just wake up, decide to be an entrepreneur and the next day you build an empire stacked with all the good things of life.
I could have been lured into believing the same, however, it sure didn't come-out that easy for me.
At some point, I felt jaded by the reality that I wasn’t growing as fast as I wanted to and that my growth wasn’t correlation with those of my colleagues who took up the white-collar jobs.
People seldom see the quality of hardwork and the measure of sacrifice you embrace in order for things to be productive, all they are interested in are the results.
~Tunde Taiwo (Creative Director E-Nut stitches)
.

It is no understatement that being an entrepreneur isn’t a one day’s task, it’s the aggregation of hours turned days., days maturing into weeks., weeks evolving into months, and months spanning into years of hardwork and consistency.
Like the common saying, entrepreneurship is more than meets the eyes.
__________________________________________
I am Obajowo Jimmy Michael, a Writer| Social media analyst| Musician| Geneticist| and a Christian.
From me to you Merry Christmas ,do find time to follow me via @mrjimmymichaels on Twitter and Instagram and visit www.jimmymichaelwrites.blogspot.com to drop your comments and opinions.
Cheers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said.. Being an entrepreneur is not a day's task and not everyone is cut out for it.

Unknown said...

Well said.. Being an entrepreneur is not a day's task and not everyone is cut out for it.

Unknown said...

It sure isn't my dear... It's more than the eyes can see