Thursday, February 1, 2018

My Muse

 

Photo Credit: Benjamin Edwards

            My Muse

Could feel her heart beat like a drum, her breath, as electrifying as the thought of an increase in one's personal income. 

The thought of you in my head produces headlong harmony, which ravishes the  mind  as lyrics from a musical feast.

The sound that fiddles through your lips consoles my burning heart, and like the noise of many waters to a barren land, it heals and speaks life to my soul, causing my very existence to leap  for joy. 

And each time you walk into the room, I suddenly become as a groom, with excitement bright enough to cause a boom.

Your sweet-smelling fragrance fills the air, and like pheromones, my attention lays bare.

We sway here and there, ringing multiple tones as we play.

We Cha Cha, we Rumba, we Tango, and we Jive, dancing in the rain till our greatest fear is arraigned.

Together we make a piece of art mastered by the creator himself, with our portrait hung upon shelves. 

They call it Love, I say it is music to my ear.

~Obajowo Jimmy Michael

No comments: